Title

Dunno what I'm doing .... but I keep doing it anyway!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What to do?

Today M and I have had a day at home while J has been at OSH. I think that's been good for all of us. M and J are now chowing down on bickies and banana milk as a school holiday treat.

I haven't really achieved anything today. Not sure if that's sad and pathetic or fabulous in the extreme. Both/neither? M has made an egg timer out of plastic water bottles, sticky tape and water. Pretty impressive for a 6yo and all by herself. Of course, it's made a mess all over the floor, but I have (only just) resisted the urge to scream and we have cleaned up the mess.

While all this is going on, I have the slow cooker going (slowly) on corned meat and ginger ale. I haven't made this for ages, but it's good. And easy. Two of my favourite things. Of course J will only eat it if I call it bacon, but I'm ok with that. J eats very, very, very little. So I do what I have to do!

RECIPE - Corned meat and ginger ale
Ingredients
1 piece of corned meat
1.25 l ginger ale or ginger beer
(some people whack an onion in too - not me)

Method
Stick it in the slow cooker on slow for 6-8 hours (or longer)

Eat hot or cold.

How frikin' easy is that??!! Hah -- 4 Ingredients ladies, I see your 4 and raise.....well lower anyway.....

Nothing of note to report - temp has ranged between 14 and 22, weather is cloudy. Nothing momentus has happened. The magic of ordinary days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment